View From The Glen

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tiny Lights

Stars shone brightly in the sky tonight as I drove Grace home from the Beaver meeting where she is honing her leadership skills as Colony Keo. I drove, listened to Grace chatter, and listened to the CBC -- an anecdote about York Dungeon where the actors are so tired of the smell that results from scared, sweaty visitors that the tourist attraction is handing out deodorant along with tickets.

Twenty minutes driving along a solitary country road is good for the soul.In my reflective mood, each of those stars represented an idea, a goal, a thought. They twinkled down at me, teasing me, hinting that I should follow them, catch them, harness their power. But so many of them...which one (or ones) should I follow?

It's an ongoing debate in my life as there seem to be so many things which I could do. It's good, having choices. Except sometimes, when I feel like it would be easier not to have them.

November is here. And though it's late and I am about to eat dip with my dearest husband while watching the last half of the movie we started last week, I set to blogging because, well, because I have decided to do NaBloPoMo again. An odd decision, particularly given that only a few days ago I had decided to stop blogging and focus on some of those other "stars" in my sky. But Finola talked me into it...and I think I'm glad she did (though I'm pretty sure she isn't even aware of having done so - surprise!).

Perhaps I'll use the month to blog about some of those other stars. Perhaps this is the start of the path of illumination.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Hey Denise! Glad to see that you are on board (and glad that Finola talked you into it!). I'm doing it too, and will cheer you on in the blogosphere. Good luck!

Eileen said...

Denise: I'm glad too to see you continue posting on your blog. I always enjoy your posts.

Denise Nielsen said...

Thank you both - looking forward to it with just a hint of trepidation...

Finola said...

LOVE this. I will be cheering you on!

Leanne Haines said...

I completely forgot about NaBloPoMo, and am a week late to start myself! I was too involved in painting and having a weekend away to check in last week. Maybe I'll start tomorrow, and continue a week into December... We'll see what tomorrow brings!