View From The Glen

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Jamie

There’s a new Jamie book coming out, and you know what that means…
It means I have a bit of reading to do.

I just finished Outlander (for, oh, the 100th time or so) which leaves books 2-6 (pictured) to get through before #7 An Echo in the Bone comes out.

The new book (Subliminal message for Andrew:) comes out on Sept 22 (should you wish to buy me a present) and is available online at Chapters right now (this would earn you some brownie points) for a 40% discount (not that I'm hinting or anything).

Note:
I feel I need to mention that I read these books for the rich historical context and the moral and ethical questions they explore. Nothing at all to do with the kilt-wearing, sword-wielding, battle-scarred yet still poetic hero. Nope, nothing at all to do with him.

1 comment:

Leanne Haines said...

Ha! No one believes you, so don't even try! Have you read it yet??? I have to confess, I still haven't finished Outlander. I started it when there were too many other books I wanted to read! So I finished Part One and put it aside for awhile. Perhaps I'll take it with me on my solitary journey to Vancouver...