View From The Glen

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Twelve

Oh my darling, where have the years gone?


Part of me yearns for days and years gone by. Not because you were cute and sweet and innocent and inquisitive and joyful. You were - and still are - all these things. And I wouldn't trade who you are now for who you were then. But if I could go back and do it all over again....I would. In a heartbeat. Just to have the chance to spend all that time with you once more.

The future stretches out and there is much to look forward to. And I see you. Strong. Confident. Smart. Funny. A bit sassy. Curious. Independent. 

You are going to rock this world with your computer coding, your fearlessness, your karate, your love of adventure, your vision. And I look forward to seeing what you accomplish next.

Happy birthday! 









No comments: