- I work in a corporate office and my job includes business innovations, marketing, and the environment.
- I probably should get an MBA but I don't want to, so I muddle along with my MA and wonder how studying Canadian Literature got me here.
- I am a writer and editor as well. Editing is freelance and very part time though I have a regular gig which I love. Writing is daily and is very diverse from poetry to short stories to full-length novels.
- I belong to a book club that sometimes even discusses books; a philosophy dinner club that solves universal problems over gourmet food; and a writer's group that tells me all the things I need to do to improve a manuscript before sending it to an agent. All great people.
- I read. A lot.
- I haven't watched television in over 20 years. I've never seen Seinfeld, Survivor, Lost, or Sex and the City. The only time I miss having TV is when the World Cup soccer is on.
- I'm an amateur historian (medieval Europe is my specialty).
- I live in an ancient farmhouse and despite the inconveniences, I love it: it's the way the sunlight plays on the pine floors in the late afternoon, and the way the breeze blows the smell of linden blossoms across the porch in summer.
- I am a free-range mom and think society coddles kids too much.
- I love cooking and hate cleaning.
- I do Yoga every morning. I run. I do weight training. My motto is that exercise has to fit into 15 minute time slots or I won't do it. I could do better, but lack motivation.
- Actually, lists bore me. I don't think a litany of activities tell the true story of a person. If you want to get to know me better, invite me over. I drink shiraz.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
"I wanna talk about me..."
That's the title of a country song (I think by Toby Keith) in which the singer says he loves to talk about "you you you you usually, but occasionally, I wanna talk about me..." Switch his girlfriend for the kids, the pets, the farm and all the animals and, well, I talk about you you you you a lot. But yesterday was my 40th birthday so today I'm going to talk about me, and some of the things I'm doing.