View From The Glen

Saturday, October 11, 2008

I am Elinor Dashwood

I am Elinor Dashwood!

Take the Quiz here!


It was a weak moment.

I saw the quiz and pshawed it.

Not ten minutes later I was back taking it

Which Austen heroine am I?

According to the quiz results, I am Elinor Dashwood.

This is what it said:

“You are Elinor Dashwood of Sense & Sensibility! You are practical, circumspect, and discreet. Though you are tremendously sensible and allow your head to rule, you have a deep, emotional side that few people often see.”

As she happens to be one of my favourite Austen heroines, I’m quite pleased with the result. But it makes me wonder if I like her character because there are similiarities between us? Or whether I subconsciously painted myself as Elinor in the quiz, choosing responses that she would choose. I did the quiz again, trying to be more subjective, and still got the same answer.

So it must be true. I am Elinor.

And I’m glad. I wouldn’t have minded being Elizabeth Bennet either. But I’m glad I’m not Fanny Price –never liked her much.

No comments: