View From The Glen

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Orlando

We've been here only three days, and my feet are tired, so tired. But what fun it all is. We hit Universal, Epcot, and Seaworld this first half of the week, where in addition to carousels, world pavilions and adorable dolphins, we also rode some really scary roller coasters that got my adrenaline pumping. The kids it seems, are impervious to riding upside down at 120 MPH or whatever it was: truly frightening.

Loved all of it, truly.

But really, what blew me away this trip was the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I thought Universal pretty lame (except for Shrek 4D, which was fun) but when we walked over to Island of Adventure where Hogwarts was, the game all changed. It was phenomenal. I loved HP when first I read it. I used to dream technicolour dreams about Hogwarts. And this village really brought those dreams to life.

Hogwarts Express
Outside Honeydukes Sweet Shop....
...Where we bought Bott's Every Flavour Beans

We drank Butterbeer outside the Three Broomsticks 


Purchased wands at Ollivander's


And enjoyed exploring Hogwarts...on a fantastic Harry Potter ride .

Truly, there is so much to do here that I am exhausted. Going to the Atlantic tomorrow for a day of rest (and because I love the Atlantic) before hitting a couple more parks before we have to leave again.

But if there was one place to go to twice....it would be Hogwarts.

1 comment:

Bibliomama said...

Don't let her eat the snot jellybean!