View From The Glen

Monday, September 3, 2012

Trading Summer for the Winter....

Friends of mine in Halifax used to sing a song called Trading Winter For the Summer, which was a toe-tapping upbeat kind of number. This time of year I am thinking about going the other way and trading Summer for, well, if not Winter exactly, then Autumn at least.

Mostly, I'm okay with that. Very excited to be back teaching again in the next week or so. Love the feeling of fall on campus. And while I do whine a bit that fall doesn't have the same freedom of summer, really I quite like getting back into a regular routine. More time for reading, for one thing.

So today we cleaned out summer clothes and got ready for the first day of school tomorrow. I'm transitioning slowly, and this week is largely orientation and post-admissions testing so I have a week's respite. But it seemed smart to go through my own closets at the same time as I went through the kids'.

And it's a little bit sad trading these...


 For these...



















I'm still resistant. Just a little.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Don't give up yet - just a cardigan over the dresses and they are fall ready. Fall is all about the colours (of the leaves) should wear them too.
Sandals and flip flops until October, okay?

Leanne Haines said...

I'm not ready either. I'm planning to fight it. Not sure I'll win...