View From The Glen

Friday, April 20, 2012

14,000 Days

Andrew heard a podcast the other week where a comedian was explaining that he refused to do things that didn't interest him because he was 40 and because the average life expectancy is 80 and because that meant he has about 14600 days left on earth.

It was apparently very funny.

But I figure that means I have around 14000 days left, and maybe, just maybe, that's why I am getting less tolerant as I get older.

Less tolerant of bad books.

Less tolerant of wasting time.

Less tolerant of people who don't give back.

On the other hand, I'm almost hyper-attuned to some of the great people, places and things that are in my life.

I'm going to spend my 14,000 days enjoying their company.

Signed up a bunch of girlfriends to do a Daiquiri Day in June....That's a good start:)


2 comments:

Melissa Yuan-Innes said...

Right on, Denise. I think it can be both funny and sobering (and perhaps liberating?) to realize that our time on earth is limited.
Hope your talk was wonderful and widely attended. Wish I could've gone.
P.S. Let's do daiquiris some time!

Finola said...

I'm looking forward to enjoying your company this weekend :)