View From The Glen

Friday, July 15, 2011

This Owl Just In...The Harry Potter Posts (#3: And Onward)

Today
The one thing Erik missed out on is the whole Harry experience. Because he came to the books over a three week period, there was none of the anticipation, the lining up at midnight at Chapters for a new release (and, yes, for the record I'd have taken him), the building excitement over a new movie. He just read and watched and read and watched...

Until now.

The final Harry Potter release today. If this is news to you, you might want to get out more. It's huge. It's a phenomenon. It has gripped an entire generation, more than one actually. And finally, Erik gets it. He is excited. He is anxious. He has re-read the books. He has watched all the movies. He has seen the preview for Deathly Hallows so often he can quote it. He is ready for the final movie.

And I'm glad I finally get to share that with him.

1 comment:

Leanne Haines said...

Love these Harry Potter posts! I can completely identify with your discovery of Harry shortly before you became a mom. I did, too, and you know I fell in love with the whole phenomenon as well. Connor loves it as much as I do, but unfortunately, he's not the reader that Erik is, so he hasn't gotten past The Order of the Phoenix yet. And he is exactly like his Mom when it comes to NOT seeing the movie before reading the book. So I'll see it without him. And tantalize him with tidbits, looking forward to the day we'll share it together. Hope you and Erik have enjoyed it! Wish I lived closer so I could join you!